Mereka Makerspace #32
We've worked tirelessly over the last few months to set up our innovative education centre, Me.reka Makerspace @ Publika. We are launching our Equity Crowdfunding Campaign for YOU to invest in Me.reka and be a part of the next Education Movement!
The 21st Century demands us to redefine the way we view education. This means equipping, and adapting, our students to the rapidly changing future.
Acknowledging that this is a matter of public interest, we are going to be opening up our Equity to members of the public. We are going to be raising funds through an Equity Crowd Funding round with PitchIn. The ultimate aim of this funding public campaign, is to get members of the public truly vested and behind this project, making this the largest crowd funded education Centre in Malaysia and maybe South East Asia (why not! :)
Fourth meeting and sharing session about Me.reka Makerspace's PitchIn! Join us and discover more about the project and the platform! You will be able to meet the team and to ask directly all the questions you may have.
We will be sharing with you our:
- Education Programs and Pedagogical methods
- The different 21st century skills, subjects and classes being offered
- The Business Model (education, memberships, events & programming, etc)
- Revenue Projections
- Growth Plans and future pipelines
- Whats in it for you, our future investor? Returns on Investments (ROI), benefits as shareholders, etc.
Whilst the idea of a makerspace is becoming more common around the world, Me.reka seeks to expand the concept to a more all-encompassing, inclusive platform. We run classes and interactive learning experiences (for example, using virtual reality in the process of designing things) to teach people vocational and practical skills not taught in formal education.
- Provide an inclusive platform for access to tools, technology and skills.
- Teach people skills of the future, to prepare for the needs of the 21st century, and lead the creation of localised sustainable solutions.
- Create an eco-system that links different groups of students, communities and makers with real-world projects and income generating opportunities.
- Offer scholarships to those from lower-income communities.
Please let us know if you have any inquiries, and we will get back to you!
Email to email@example.com
Add to Calendar
Fri Apr 27, 2018
7:00 PM - 8:00 PM MYT
7:00 PM - 8:00 PM MYT
- Venue Address
- Lot 1C, Level G1 (A4 Entrance) Publika Shopping Gallery, Solaris Dutamas,, Jalan,, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
Mereka Makerspace34 Followers
Want to find more groups and events like this?